Configuring a Nodegrid Appliance through the console port lets you perform the initial configuration easily via CLI.
Once the Nodegrid platform is turned on we can see the startup process of Nodegrid device via console port connected to the Nodegrid.
Login with the default credentials at the prompt for the username and password.
The unit details and current version can be viewed by the following command
[admin@nodegrid /]# show /system/about/
To view the network details and IP address enter the command as below
[admin@nodegrid /]# show /settings/network_connections/
The above command can be used to know the IP assigned via DHCP.
Basic network configurations as IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway can be set manually as well below are the steps to follow
- Enter the command at the prompt cd /settings/network_connections/ETH0
- Type show to view the settings
- By default the ipv4_mode is set to dhcp. To change the mode to static type set ipv4_mode=static
- To set the IP address manually enter set ipv4_address=<IP Address> ipv4_bitmask=<Subnet mask>
- To save the configuration type commit.
- The changes can be verified by entering the command show.
GUI can be accessed by entering the assigned IP address in the web browser.