Nodegrid Serial Console cascades, or daisy chains, network ports by implementing a network bridge between ports ETH0 and ETH1.
In this configuration several NSC units can be used in cascade mode, all sharing the same network switch port, saving a physical port on each switch. Instead of occupying multiple ports on a master network switch, we can share one port among multiple NSC units.
Below are the steps to configure network bridge between ETH0 and ETH1.
- Open a browser, enter the Nodegrid Serial Console IP/hostname, and log in as admin
- Go to Network :: Connections page
- Click on Add, and fill out the form as follows:
Click on Save
- Enter a Name for this connection
- Set Type as Bridge
- Enter eth0 eth1 for Bridge Interfaces (note space between eth0 and eth1)
- Select DHCP or Static for the IPv4 Mode. If Static, enter IP address, Bitmask and Gateway IP
- Enter IPv4 DNS Server and Search, if applicable
- Do the same for IPv6, if applicable
- SSH, telnet or console in to the Nodegrid Serial Console
- Log in as admin
- Type the following commands:
- For DHCP IPv4 Mode:
- For Static IPv4 Mode:
set bridge_interfaces="eth0 eth1"
set ipv4_address=<IP Address>
set ipv4_bitmask=<bit mask, ie, 24>
set ipv4_gateway=<Gateway IP>
set ipv4_dns_server=<DNS IP>
set ipv4_dns_search=<Domain Name>
If IPv6 is required, set the appropriate ipv6 parameters.