How to Send Syslog Messages to a Different Socket Port?
If your Remote Syslog Server has its socket port set with a different port e.g. 5514 (default is 514), you can modify the NodeGrid syslog-ng configuration to accommodate this situation.
- Log in as admin to NodeGrid WebUI
- Go to Auditing :: Event Destination page
- Click on Syslog
- Enable IPv4 Remote Server, and enter your Syslog server’s IP address or hostname
- Go to Access page, and click on NodeGrid Console button OR ssh to NodeGrid from an ssh client such as Putty and log in as admin.
- At the admin CLI prompt, type: shell sudo su -
- Then at the root shell prompt, type: sed -i 's/port(514)/port(5514)/' /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf
- And restart the syslog-ng: /etc/init.d/syslog restart