The admin password was changed and you don’t remember it, but root password is still the default.
Log in as root via NodeGrid console port, type its default password root. At the shell prompt, type passwd admin and enter the new password. You should be able to log in as admin with the new password.
The root password was changed, but admin has still the default password.
Log in as admin via ssh, telnet, or console. At the admin cli prompt, type: shell sudo su -
It should present the root shell prompt. Then type passwd root and enter the new password. You should be able to log in as root with the new password.
Both admin and root passwords were changed and you don’t remember them.
Follow the steps below:
- Have a terminal (Putty, SecureCRT) with 115200bps baud rate connected to the NodeGrid console port, or a monitor to the HDMI and a keyboard to USB port, if you have the NodeGrid Serial Console; or launch the Remote Console on the VM, if you have the NodeGrid Manager.
- Reboot the NodeGrid.
- Select Rescue Mode at the bootloader menu (remember you have 5 seconds to choose the desired option) :
4. The bash prompt will be presented.
5. Then type passwd root and/or passwd admin and change the password
6. Reboot the unit again by typing reboot
7. Verify the new passwords by logging in as root and admin.
Changing the Password
One can change the admin password with any of these methods. Method 1: Login as admin and click on admin link( drop down ) on the top right corner Click Change Password Enter your current and New passwords Click Save Method 2: Navigate to ...
Default Users of the NodeGrid
The Nodegrid OS comes with 3 default users: - The “admin” user: That provides full access to all features and functions, on the Web Interface as well as on the CLI. It can login via the Console, via SSH, WebUI and API. From the CLI, admin user ...
How to Recover/Reset NodeGrid Authentication Type
Situation The NodeGrid was configured and saved with a Remote Authentication Server without any Fallback Authentication options, and the authentication server’s settings were incorrect. Now, none of the local users are able to log in, including admin ...
How Do I Upgrade the Software of My Nodegrid?
Steps for the Nodegrid software upgrade via WebUI 1. Once you get the software from ZPE Systems (from your Sales representative), save the ISO file: a. into your PC/laptop b. into a Remote Server such as FTP, SSH, HTTP c. into the ...
How to Add Users to NodeGrid
Adding new users via WebUI Log in as admin to the NodeGrid WebUI Click on Local Accounts A list of all users will be displayed on the User Names screen; Click on Add and the Local User Information screen will be displayed; Type a new user name and ...