How to Recover/Reset NodeGrid Authentication Type
The NodeGrid was configured and saved with a Remote Authentication Server without any Fallback Authentication options, and the authentication server’s settings were incorrect. Now, none of the local users are able to log in, including admin and root.
- Have a terminal (Putty, SecureCRT) with 115200bps baud rate connected to the NodeGrid console port, or a monitor to the HDMI and a keyboard to USB port, if you have the NodeGrid Serial Console; or launch the Remote Console on the VM, if you have the NodeGrid Manager.
- Reboot the NodeGrid.
- Select Rescue Mode at the bootloader menu:
- The bash prompt will be presented.
- execute the following commands:
bash-4.3# ln -sf /etc/pam.d/local /etc/pam.d/web
bash-4.3# ln -sf /etc/pam.d/local /etc/pam.d/sshd
bash-4.3# ln -sf /etc/pam.d/local /etc/pam.d/login
- The exit command will finish the normal boot process, and present you the login prompt. You should be able to login as admin or root.
- After that, please login again on the web interface as admin and reconfigure the Authentication method, making sure the server’s settings are correct.
How to Recover/Reset Password of Admin or Root Users
Case #1 The admin password was changed and you don’t remember it, but root password is still the default. Log in as root via NodeGrid console port, type its default password root. At the shell prompt, type passwd admin and enter the new password. You ...
How to Configure Nodegrid Serial Ports
To configure the serial ports of your Nodegrid Serial Console, follow the guideline steps below. WebUI Log in as admin to the Nodegrid Serial Console Web interface. Go to Managed Devices page. Select the serial ports you want to configure, or check ...
How to Telnet and SSH to the Nodegrid Serial Ports
Note: by default, Telnet access is turned off with your Nodegrid Serial Console. Authorized users can use Telnet or SSH to connect directly to the console of a managed device if all of the following are true: Telnet / SSH protocol is enabled under ...
How to Reset the NodeGrid to Factory Default
If you want to reset your NodeGrid to the factory default configuration, log in as admin to the NodeGrid WebUi, and go to System, ToolKit, and then click on Restore to Factory Default Settings: And click on Restore button. If using CLI, then follow ...
How Do I Upgrade the Software of My Nodegrid?
Steps for the Nodegrid software upgrade via WebUI 1. Once you get the software from ZPE Systems (from your Sales representative), save the ISO file: a. into your PC/laptop b. into a Remote Server such as FTP, SSH, HTTP c. into the ...