How to Recover/Reset NodeGrid Authentication Type
The NodeGrid was configured and saved with a Remote Authentication Server without any Fallback Authentication options, and the authentication server’s settings were incorrect. Now, none of the local users are able to log in, including admin and root.
- Have a terminal (Putty, SecureCRT) with 115200bps baud rate connected to the NodeGrid console port, or a monitor to the HDMI and a keyboard to USB port, if you have the NodeGrid Serial Console; or launch the Remote Console on the VM, if you have the NodeGrid Manager.
- Reboot the NodeGrid.
- Select Rescue Mode at the bootloader menu:
- The bash prompt will be presented.
- execute the following commands:
bash-4.3# ln -sf /etc/pam.d/local /etc/pam.d/web
bash-4.3# ln -sf /etc/pam.d/local /etc/pam.d/sshd
bash-4.3# ln -sf /etc/pam.d/local /etc/pam.d/login
- The exit command will finish the normal boot process, and present you the login prompt. You should be able to login as admin or root.
- After that, please login again on the web interface as admin and reconfigure the Authentication method, making sure the server’s settings are correct.
How to Recover/Reset Password of Admin or Root Users
Case #1 The admin password was changed and you don’t remember it, but root password is still the default. Log in as root via NodeGrid console port, type its default password root. At the shell prompt, type passwd admin and enter the new password. You ...
How to Reset the NodeGrid to Factory Default
If you want to reset your NodeGrid to the factory default configuration, log in as admin to the NodeGrid WebUi, and go to System, ToolKit, and then click on Restore to Factory Default Settings: And click on Restore button. If using CLI, then follow ...
How to Add Users to NodeGrid
Adding new users via WebUI Log in as admin to the NodeGrid WebUI Click on Local Accounts A list of all users will be displayed on the User Names screen; Click on Add and the Local User Information screen will be displayed; Type a new user name and ...
How Do I Upgrade the Software of My Nodegrid?
Note: Be sure to follow the recommended upgrade paths: Nodegrid OS Upgrade Path To download the required ISOs: Downloading Firmware Update Steps for the Nodegrid software upgrade via WebUI From browsers, log into NodeGrid unit Click on "System" Click ...
How to Configure the NodeGrid to Be More Secure?
As far as the NodeGrid software's networking services, it comes with some security in mind, but it still is not as closed as some network policies require. This can be accomplished by changing the services settings in Security :: Services page per ...