Below are the steps to configure network bonding with ETH0 and ETH1.
- Open a browser, enter the Nodegrid Serial Console IP/hostname, and log in as admin
- Go to Network :: Connections page
- Click on Add, and fill out the form as follows:
Click on Save
- Enter a Name for this connection
- Set Type as Bonding
- Select eth0 and eth1 as Primary and Secondary interfaces
- Select Active Backup (default) or Round-robin for Bonding mode
- Select MII (default) or ARP for Link Monitoring
- Leave Monitoring Frequency, Link Up delay, Link Down delay, ARP target, and ARP validate as the default values, unless different settings are required
- Select DHCP or Static for the IPv4 Mode. If Static, enter IP address, Bitmask and Gateway IP
- Enter IPv4 DNS Server and Search, if applicable
- Do the same for IPv6, if applicable
- SSH, telnet or console in to the Nodegrid Serial Console
- Log in as admin
- Type the following commands:
- For DHCP IPv4 Mode:
- For Static IPv4 Mode:
set ipv4_address=<IP Address>
set ipv4_bitmask=<bit mask, ie, 24>
set ipv4_gateway=<Gateway IP>
set ipv4_dns_server=<DNS IP>
set ipv4_dns_search=<Domain Name>
The configuration above assumes the default settings for bonding:
primary_interface = eth0
secondary_interface = eth1
bonding_mode = active_backup
link_monitoring = mii
monitoring_frequency = 100
link_up_delay = 0
link_down_delay = 0
arp_validate = none
Make any necessary changes on the parameters.
bonding_mode = active_backup or round-robin
link_monitoring = mii or arp
If IPv6 is required, set the appropriate ipv6 parameters.
How to Configure Nodegrid Serial Ports
To configure the serial ports of your Nodegrid Serial Console, follow the guideline steps below. WebUI Log in as admin to the Nodegrid Serial Console Web interface. Go to Managed Devices page. Select the serial ports you want to configure, or check ...
Network Configuration via CLI
Example of configuring the ETH0 interface via CLI (please, replace the network values with your own information). Log in as admin to the Nodegrid console port or HDMI Type the following commands (in bold): [admin@nodegrid /]# cd ...
How to Configure Network Bridge on the Nodegrid Serial Console
Nodegrid Serial Console cascades, or daisy chains, network ports by implementing a network bridge between ports ETH0 and ETH1. In this configuration several NSC units can be used in cascade mode, all sharing the same network switch port, saving a ...
Power Control within Serial Session
Nodegrid Serial Console features the Power Control integration which gives authorized users the ability to power on, power off and reset/reboot the serial devices, within the serial session, by using an escape character (default escape character is ...
Nodegrid Serial Console: Pinouts, Cables and Connectors
The tables below show the serial port pinout information of the NSC TxxR (Cisco Pinout) and NSC Txx (Cyclades Pinout) The cabling and adapters that you may need to use between the NSC serial ports and the serial devices’ console port will depend on ...