Assuming that you have already configured your LTE connection (How to: Configure a LTE/GSM Network Connection
), it's most likely that you don't want it to be online/active, as it may incur unnecessary charges. For this reason, we will be configuring the Nodegrids to only use LTE for failover access. To do this, please follow the instructions below:
1. Log into your Nodegrid's GUI as admin
2. Go to Network::Settings page.
3. Check Enable Network Failover checkbox field.
4. Select your current primary connection (by default "ETH0" is the primary connection, unless it was changed under Network::Connections::<Connection name> page.
5. Select your secondary connection (for this use case scenario, it will be the LTE connection that you had previously created).
6. Configuring the Number of failed retries to failover, Number of successful retries to recover and the Interval between retries is recommended for LTE.
7. Optional: You can set a condition to trigger the failover when, for example, your device can't reach its default gateway or an IP address over the internet.
8. Optional: You cat set a Third Level Network Failover. Check the "Enable Third Level Network Failover" option. The parameters are the same used in step 6 and 7.
9. Click to Save
You are now all setup and Failover is now active.
Note: the cellular connection may have a different name from the image, but it will be the name that you had specified when you created this connection.
What signal levels are required for LTE cellular connections?
The exact thresholds for maintaining an LTE connection or higher data speeds will vary per carrier. The charts below provides general guidelines. In order to see the current signal levels: Log into the Nodegrid appliance as admin Access the root ...
Network Failover with Huawei E3276 USB Wireless Modem
The E3276 USB wireless modem reports itself as a network device. So you will have to add a network connection in Nodegrid that binds to it. Here are the steps: 1. Login as admin in the Web UI and browse to Network, then Connections. Click Add and ...
How to Configure Network Bridge on the Nodegrid Serial Console
Nodegrid Serial Console cascades, or daisy chains, network ports by implementing a network bridge between ports ETH0 and ETH1. In this configuration several NSC units can be used in cascade mode, all sharing the same network switch port, saving a ...
How to Enable Network Bonding on the Nodegrid Serial Console
Below are the steps to configure network bonding with ETH0 and ETH1. WebUI Open a browser, enter the Nodegrid Serial Console IP/hostname, and log in as admin Go to Network :: Connections page Click on Add, and fill out the form as follows: Enter a ...
Nodegrid appliances certified with US cellular carriers
ZPE Systems's appliances can work with any carrier in the world for 4G/LTE/5G connection, and in US ZPE is certified with the following carriers: Any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.